Sunday, February 16, 2014

Holding On

Today I really tried.
Long ago I got into the very bad habit of saving nearly every article of clothing for Madeleine. We've got every season from NB to size 6/M and everything in between.
Why am I keeping all of these clothes?? I really cannot get rid of Madeleine's- maybe one day but it isn't going to be soon... when it's all you have left, most mothers of angels will tell you we keep all the toys and clothes and pictures like treasures. What about everything else?
My head knows as well as my heart: I'm not saving them for anyone. So why not just get rid of them?
I really want to believe that God is not done with growing our family, that maybe one day we will have a little one to dress again. I want to believe with all of my heart.
So today I filled up one bag of clothes. Just one. When I could outfit an entire little girl's boutique, I filled up one bag of clothes to pass along.
As far as I'm concerned, that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment