Saturday, July 6, 2013

"We don't understand why God does what He does..."

To be completely honest, I hate this phrase. 

This world is so out of it, so disconnected, that "people" fail to realize... God did not create cancer. God did not choose for my child or any child to suffer. God did not "do" this to Madeleine.
People need to study history. Study how the civilization of people began to destroy themselves by the quest for power and independence. I am by no means a philosopher, historian, theologian, or the like. I am simply a mother, a cancer mother, who fought side by side day in and day out with faith and perseverance to save my child from death. And in the end, I did not fail; rather, my child was victorious. She received all the glories and peace and beauty of heaven. She is cured. She is without pain. She is an angel. Of course I miss her with every single ounce of my body and soul, but I know that God did not give her cancer. 

Tonight I am reminded of this as I pray for Talia Joy Castellano, a young girl who has become the face of childhood cancer. She is one of many that I pray will not die. For her and for selfish reasons, because I love her. I love who she is, her wisdom beyond her years, her thirst for life knowing it may be cut short. 
We don't know why God does what He does. But I think it's for the movement. Talia is as much a mountain-mover as Jessie Rees, or Avalanna Routh, or any other child bringing more and more people to awareness of this epidemic, to this movement we seek to make serious change, not unlike a woman's vote or racial equality. Children deserve to live and thrive; good parents deserve to be parents. This tragedy should not continue daily, should not be ignored, should be given the attention it deserves because it can be prevented. Just enough people have to care. 
Talia is fighting for her life tonight. I am praying for her. She can be found on Facebook (Angels for Talia), Instagram, you tube, etc. A simple google search and her story can be shared. Please pray for Talia's healing on this earth so she can continue her message for all children affected by and battling cancer. God forbid she become a true angel, her message carries far and wide and not without impact. God bless Talia Joy, Jessica Joy, Madeleine Sunshine.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment