Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blog Repost: Are you sick of all this Cancer Stuff?

I know I am!
Would I have chosen these cards for our family? Hell No!
Do I know in my heart that God is in control and has a plan for all of us? Absolutely.
Would I still give anything and everything (short of Annalise) to have Madeleine back, including my own life or her Daddy's? You bet your last dollar we would!

I feel privileged to have connected with yet another mother whose mission is to be an instrument in this movement for childhood cancer.

If you have the few minutes, please read her blog post. It says what so many of us are feeling or saying. http://nicolescobie.com/?p=339

I have never wanted pity for our family, just genuine support. I never knew, I wasn't AWARE of these evil monsters called childhood cancers until it struck Madeleine, I didn't know anybody who was or had faced this. I have made it my mission to enlighten those I come into contact with, because it's for her- all for Madeleine. Her life will not be forgotten about because she went to heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Madeleine will NEVER be forgotten. Her sweet spirit n beautiful big eyes wil live on in all who were blessed to know her and know about her. My heart aches for your family and every family who has to go through this horrible journey. Thank you for sharong her with us. Everybody needs to advocate and fight together for funding and a cure so that no child or family has to face a monster that no one should ever have to face. Madeleine stole my heart from the day I stumbled across your blog. She has in spired me to reach out, to read more blogs, to search to research but most importantly to ACT NOW. I want to be an advocate for childhood cancer research. I know that september is coming and I am currently working on a project to raise funds and spread awareness. I am wondering if I could have ur family's blessing to honor madeleine in my project, with pictures, her story, however u feel comfortable. If not I completely understand no pressure. I am trying to get a tattoo shop to donate a portion of proceeds if people go in to get the gold ribbon tatooed during the mont h of september. I will be getting this done and would like to put madeleines name to celebrate her beauty, her innocence and her courage. Thank you for sharing your beautiful baby girl with us. I keep ypur family close in my prayers for comfort snd strength until the day you meet your precious angel once again. -ruth cochran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please excuse the spelling on my phone ^

    ReplyDelete